Sunday, August 16, 2009

Time for Some Updates...

Well, well, a week has gone since semester started... Let me give a little updates on what have been happening since the last post. Remember that I mentioned that I need to go back Singapore earlier due to a chess tournament? This is the result:


Jeng, jeng, jeng... (for dramatic effect)




Third Place in National Division of NIC 2009


Yes, we managed to secured third placing in this tournament despite all the hardships we faced. Moreover, we are third in the National Division which is something we can be proud of. Faced with many tough opponents (many which possess international FIDE rating), we managed to make it to the end. Personally, I played 3 out of 5 games (as this is a team tournament) and gained 2 draw and 1 loss. Well, I am the weakest player in my team and I supposed to be the 2nd reserve but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am forced to play more than I am suppose to. Well, I shall take it as an experience in competitive chess.


After 3 long days of NIC 2009, I started my semester on the following days with an 8 a.m. class. When it was night, I was totally exhausted due to lack of sleep and overuse of brain power from the previous days. I ended up sleeping for 14 hours from 10 p.m. until 12 p.m.. I can't sleep any longer beyond that not because I am fully rested, but because I have lecture at 2 p.m. I could have continue to sleep were not the class. That is to show how tired I was. I am still tired now!!! I didn't have much time to rest throughout the week as my schedule is getting more hectic day by day.

This semester, I took 5 modules, 4 of which were my core modules. The modules I took were:

  1. LSM2103 - Cell Biology
  2. LSM2201A - Experimental Biochemistry
  3. LSM2241 - Introductory Bioinformatics
  4. ST2238 - Introductory Biostatistics
  5. GEK1045 - Introduction to the World of Religion

And I heard from my seniors in my course that Year 2 supposed to be the most "siong" year in the course. I wonder whether I can cope with it or not.

Moreover, these modules not only hurt me physcially and mentally, they hurt me financially as well. All of them required me to buy the textbooks and each textbooks don't come cheap (at least S$20 per book and they are second hand books). So far, I only managed to get one. I need to search for the books. Another headache...

Let me put down all these aside and go and get my precious sleep first. This is the only weekend day I have with 8 hours of sleep at least... I need more. Can someone donate some sleep to me???

*zZzZZz....*

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your achievements.

Melvin said...

Congratulations on your winnning of the chess tournament!Keep up the great passion and spirit!