Sunday, October 5, 2008

NUS Museum...

As I promised in my previous blogpost, some pictures from my visit to NUS museum... Are you ready? Here we go...

The entrance of NUS University Cultural Centre (where all the big event is held. There is even one time when PM of Singapore, Lee Hsien Loong came here for his National Day Rally. I happen to see all the police guarding the NUS roads). NUS museum is only a small part of this huge place...
This is the lobby area...
Actually, I forgot to take picture of the entrance to NUS museum... There is a total of 4 gallery but only 3 have exhibitions. The first one...

The first gallery is actually about art, something that I do not know how to appreciate (because I don't understand it). However, I actually took some picture of artwork that is abit special...

Lol looks cool to me...The warrior that is...
Hmm...
Another thing that I don't know...Maybe someone can help me out there...Here come the second one... It actually about some Malaysia's artist... So, rather Malay-ish (not a racist term I hope).

The first picture reminds me of a one day trip to Malacca that we had... Somemore, this artist is from Malacca... This sure bring back memories...

And the last gallery is my favourite because it involve historical items from China...

In the beginning was this Chinese caligraphy...

This one is huge... Let me see, its around 5m x 3m if I not wrong...Roughly around there...Next, Chinese pottery... All these items come from different dynasties (Tang, Sung, Eastern Han, etc...).. I wonder how they manage to collect it... They sure worth alot nowadays. Not to mention there is 50 pieces of it, maybe more...

Then got this one... Porcelain pillow! I wonder how they sleep on such hard thing... Maybe it's comfortable... Never try before one...
Next piece is very interesting... We actually see the picture of it in our History textbooks...Can you guess what is it?

Hmm, too small for you? Let me enlarge it....
Still can't guess??? Its called oracle bone! FYI, it is used to 'menilik nasib' or fortune-telling in ancient Chinese culture... Quite amazing to see it here...

Then, entering cosmetic world of ancient Chinese, come the bronze mirror...

Of course, it no longer reflect lar. Can't you see the rust on it?

Then, some ancient weaponries... Arrowhead and axehead (axehead is from older period which is Neolithic I think)

Last but not least, jewelerries made of jade...
Both these pieces are rather large actually... I think as big as my both hands. I wonder when u wear it, how do you go around with it...(Good question!)

So, here is the end of my journey at NUS museum... Sayonara!

No comments: