Saturday, October 4, 2008

Which Road will You Choose???

Today's post is a little bit philosophical. I am pretty inspired to write this post when I was washing up before going to bed. So, I just give it a thought to blog it out (Yea, toilet sometimes does inspires me). As the title goes, which road will you choose? What does this means? Well, have you given a thought that the decision you made yesterday or a weeks ago or even years ago is wrong? Or perhaps you thought that if you choose to do one thing over another, the outcome will definitely be better. I had, for many times of my life, regretting over a single decision that I made and until today, I still did not really get over it.

Let me then tell you another story which is about this friend of mine. Well, he actually study in a particular university in Sarawak currently. Around two weeks ago, we actually had a chat and he complained to me how he regretted choosing his university as a place for him to start anew. He had bad experiences previously and been looking for a change of environment. So, there he was, realising or more accurately thinks that he is in a worst condition that before. As we chat, I actually asked him this question. "Is there anyone's life that are easy and without bumpy roads? (Bumpy road well basically refers to hard or tough times). He actually answer me this, "Yes, your life is." I was rather upset or agitated with his answer. Why? Because he don't know a single issue that is in my life currently and he assumed my life is easy kind. I don't know about you, but to me, I felt it was an insult.

I understand that what my friend is feeling. Maybe because I felt the same as well. I decided for NUS looking for a change of environment as well but things don't really turn out as well as I think they would. I sometimes do wonder if my decision to come to NUS is wrong or right? Every difficulty I encounter, this question will pop out. Maybe, I should pursue my tertiary education locally. Since I came here, I had terribly miss the food and of course, my friends back in Malaysia plus a lot of things as well. Friends? Not that I don't have any here but then can't really find one that I could really clique with it. It is just very different compared to friends back in Malaysia. Perhaps, I shouldn't even try to compare them. Really, really different experiences I had here. On the other hand, I get to see the world a little bit with different cultures brought by different people (eventhough Malaysia and Singapore is so near, both is different from the other). Good or bad? I don't really know!

Coming back to the topic, I understand sometimes that things don't happen our way and this happens a lot of time in all of our lives I believe.But really, if these so called 'bad stuffs' don't happen to you, is it really better? I hope all of us can take some time off to actually justify this. If our life is all smooth, is it really that good? Or if our life is full of negative events, is it really that bad? You may look at this and say that, 'how bad things be good?' I never say that it will be good. I am just saying it may not be that bad. Call me an optimist or anything. but if every bad things that happened to you is bad, no matter how many good things that happened to you, it will never be enough and I mean NEVER!

This is actually remind of the poem we study in secondary school called Road Not Taken. Though I don't fancy poetry, it kind of make sense. I believe that everyday, we encounter crossroads. Even if one can pick either road with full discernment of how the road goes, he/she will never know how that road ends until he/she reached that destination. However, once we taken that road, it will be too late to regret or rather we shouldn't regret about it no matter how tough is it. What can you do if you do regret? I can only say 'Too bad!' to you. There is no U-turn anywhere or anyway that you can take the other road. As you go through whichever road, the path that lies behind you dissappears.

Maybe you can recall about it from time to time but after you done with, please get on with life...

No comments: